Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Simply is Oil Painting.

Oil painting. Do you know anything about this art trend? I found it difficult to understand the word, not even mention about drawing one. My first thought was kind of embarrassing. I thought it was oil + painting = oil painting! It means you paint on the paper then pour oil on it…  .So, today I would like to introduce you about “the real definition of oil painting” in my own perspective. 



First, oil painting is made of pigment and linseed oil. However, you just need to know that. Today I rather want to show you how to make an oil painting picture. Artists or whoever wants to draw an oil painting need to have canvas. Canvas is a wooden frame with linen stapled tightly to the back. That is why oil painting is more expensive than other trends. We use color tubes and paint brushes to draw. One tube costs about two hundred thousand Vietnam dong.  To make a simple picture, we usually need three to four colors to mix. The specialty about these colors is they are still wet when painting. It takes about 3 days to dry. Therefore, you have a lot of time to mix colors together but be careful; you don’t want to have colors on your arms. 
 
An oil painting needs lots of time to be done. However, when you finish that, I bet you would feel proud of yourself. I like to draw abstract oil painting but I find it too hard. So, I’m starting with landscape picture. I made some really great oil painting, too. :]

Here are some pictures:  

I want to draw like this in the future!

One kind of Abstract Oil Painting













Art is my life. Just for anyone who is curious.

3 comments:

  1. it looks so cool , i love those pictures..!! :X:X:X

    ReplyDelete
  2. at first, i wanted you to draw one for me, but you deny so nevermind have fun with your art ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before i read this, i did not know about oil painting!! thanks for those information!!!

    ReplyDelete